Citrus potpourri has a wonderfully uplifting scent that helps to overcome stale and unpleasant smells in an enclosed area. It is an ideal scent for everyone as it isn’t too sweet, nor too heady. This potpourri is easy to make and can last a long time if you continue refreshing it with essential oil top-ups.
- 8 cups of any of the following, or a combination of: lemon leaves, lemon verbena, lemon-scented tea-tree, lemon thyme, lemon-scented geranium (pelargonium), and/or lemon grass
- 1 cup eau-de-cologne mint
- 1 cup calendula petals
- 1/2 cup each orange and lemon peel
- 1 cup allspice, crushed lightly
- 1 cup fixative
- 6-8 drops lemon verbena oil
- 3-4 drops bergamot oil
Place the potpourri mixture into a dark container with a lid. Set aside for four to six weeks to infuse. Stir regularly to help blend the ingredients together and to ensure that the scent diffuses through the entire mixture.
Remove the potpourri from the infusing container. It is now ready to place in potpourri containers as wished. Top up now and again with fresh essential oil and additional potpourri as needed.